Thursday, July 13, 2006

Yes it has been a while I know, sorry. :)

I taught the Boy's club last night at church. I had a really nice outline and examples. I believe it became evident that I don't have the gift of teaching. It went ok, but the kids looked bored, and I ended almost 15 mins early. I should have gone through my outline before and created in my head a flow of how things would go. It was just Ben and Me, there is usually two other guys there. but oh well, it's done now.

I have to get a hepatitis B shot before going to school soon. I'm not looking forward to it because I hear it makes your arm sore, and I have to work. I don't know why I need it...hep B is an STD...not going to be a problem, but I'll get it anyway.

I'm working on a program for Sermonaudio.com. They feature over 900,000 sermons in MP3. The have a program for windows so that members can download more than 1 mp3 at a time. It also allows churches to upload their sermons to the site. I have already made two programs for them. The first downloads the mp3 like the windows one, but it works in the linux OS (http://linux.org). The second is similar except it downloads the videos of the sermons if there are any.
This program will allow Linux users to upload their sermons quickly, without having to be open a web browser. This program has actually been requested by a man who runs the sound at a church, and wanted a quick way to upload his sermons once they are recorded.

I will be doing the other program for our church's publishing company soon. I believe this is for the book that our Pastor's brother, Paul Tripp, wrote, called "Case for Kids"
It will hopefully be much easier to do with only a background and one button.

I'm really starting to appreciate my switch from Cyber Security to Programming. I'm looking over the classes at the new school, and I'm excited to see what other aspects of computer programming I can learn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, If Grandpa Simpson reads this (or if not Grandma Simpson can tell him... :))

You were right! Binary and hexadecimal are important! I've learned them backwards and forwards and they are the backbone of everything we do with computers. :)


Guess that's it,

Paul - now also known by almost EVERYONE as "Paulie" :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Paul - now also known by almost EVERYONE as "Paulie" :)"

You have got your loving brothers and sisters to thank for that.

Sarah

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home