Tuesday, August 01, 2006

News

Hello all,

I just got back from the library, their internet had been non-functional for a few days. After about four hours of work it is working. I broke down and called tech support. I never would have guessed the solution, but it worked.
A friend from church who has been taking nurse aid classed was impressed with the amount of paper work they do for the patients, keeping track of their vitals. He asked me to write a PDA program that did the same thing. I did. This program allows the nurse(aide) to record the patients vitals, and review them later, send them to a server for data entry, or beam them to another nurse's PDA. There is probably no commercial value in this since selling such important software to hospitals or nursing homes would be pretty hard for a on man opperation like me. so why do I even bother? I knew from the beginning that nothing would come of it, but I have learned a lot about PDA programming. Enough so that I think I will purchase the software I used to create this program. The Standard version is $25, the Pro is $50, and an add on component that will be neccesary for desktop syncronization will be another $30. So for around $100 I can start creating quality PDA software. :)
I think I'm going to make a homework tracking program.....and sell it to other students. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home