Friday, August 25, 2006

News

Hello.
I am sorry for not keeping up with this, I have been busy getting ready for school. I have been up there a lot lately. It is a half hour drive, it's getting pretty framiliar. The first time I went up, Dad took me up because he had work in Bloomsburg. I walked the campus for 40 minutes, trying to get feel for it. Then I went up to buy a textbook wendsday. Finally I was up there yesterday. I printed the orientation schedule up, and it said that I had to pick up my id at 6pm. I went up and there was a very VERY long line. I went up to someone in charge and told them that I already had the orientation feature that they were doing at my previous school. She said to just go in in pick up my car. So I cut the line and walked to the front and asked for my ID. They said they didn't have transfer student's ID cards, that I could pick it up across campus the first day of class. So I wasted over and hour and 5 dollars in gas. I'm looking forward - sort of - to the first day of class. I'm still a bit nervous. I was never nervous at Central Penn, maybe because it was small, I knew the professors before my first day, and parking was a piece of cake. Parking here at bloomsburg is awful. I intend to park about 3 miles from the campus and take the School's shuttle bus to the campus.
Tomorrow is my last saturday that I work at lowes, from then on I will only work tues & thurs 6am - 4:30 pm - 20 hours a week compared to my current 30. It has been the track record of the weekend shift to give a person the hardest job when they know they are leaving. I didn't tell them until last week for that reason. Human Resources knew, but my immediate supervisor didn't.
I have been working on my program MP3 splitter. I have been promoting it, and it has really taken off. I have had over 14,000 downloads. I am working on some new features, I'd like to get a bigger user base. It's just a pride thing I guess because I don't charge for the software, I give it away, but I just like to see how many peopl use it.

I would appreciate prayer going into this school. As my friend's dad put it: "I have never seen so many woman dressing like street walkers" It is bad there, I hope to make good friends, along with the ones that I already have from church that go there.
I guess that's It, I'll try to do better, but it may be harder when school starts...we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home