Monday, May 08, 2006

To Bloomsburg or not????

I'm looking at Bloomsburg University's website, and they appear to have a very strong Computer Science program. I need to talk to more people who go there, especially ones in the C.S major. One good thing about Bloom is they aren't like Central Penn in that they teach you one subject every semester instead of every 11 weeks. They have REAL semesters, REAL finals and REAL lectures. More and more Central Penn is looking like a joke. The teachers know what they are teaching to an extent, but not all of them know how to teach it. One professor likes hands on things, and I can do them and learn, but hands on teaching needs lectures too. Some people in these classes aren't learning, maybe because they don't apply themselves, but I think the teacher could do a better job it they had a full semester and taught instead of handed out in class, hands on assignments.
Another benefit is the cost. It is a closer (40 mins. vs 1 hr.), so I'd spend less on gas, and the cost per semester is almost 1/2 of what I'm paying now, which the financial aid I'm getting now, it should pay for all of it.
Another plus is that a lot of the teens and young adults at church go there, so I would have a good base of Christian friends.

So if you read this, I would appreciate prayer concerning what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home